SOUTH JORDAN, Utah (ABC4 News) – The South Jordan Police Department has lifted the shelter-in-place order issued after suspicious activity near the Jordan Gateway Walmart and Sam’s Club Thursday morning.
One witness said that someone came inside the Walmart, showed their gun and left.
Officials tell ABC4 News police responded to reports soon after of an armed man in the backyard of a home near 110th south and 5th west. Police say the situations are related and had the suspect cornered in a back yard of the residence in a stand-off.
A witness told ABC4 News the suspect had a handgun. The witness said the stand-off started around 8 a.m. was resolved around noon.
What others are clicking on:
- Masks return to Smith’s, other Kroger stores for employees
- Summer warmth hangs on just a little longer with weekend storms targeting Utah
- Pfizer releases side effects experienced after booster shots
- World’s whitest paint could eliminate need for home air conditioning
- IN FOCUS Discussion: National Small Business Month