SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 News) – Black Friday is over, now Cyber Monday is on deck for Utah shoppers.
Online stores across the country are announcing their deals. Costco, Walmart, Amazon, Apple, Google, and Best Buy just to name a few.
Some of the deals you can get before Monday, and others….it’s a race against stock levels and how fast you can push those buttons.
So what’s the best ways to shop Cyber Monday deals, and stay safe? Here’s four practices you can try.
- First: Use a password manager. A password manager keeps your info safer..and has a secondary effect of making forms easier to fill out.
- Second: Have a credit card strategy. Never use your debit card. Debit cards can give hackers direct access to your bank account. Use a credit card or a prepaid credit card.
- Third: Use a virtual private network. A VPN helps you stay secure both online and when you are mobile shopping.
- Fourth: Do not shop on public wifi.
Enjoy Cyber Monday shopping, and keep your data and your bank account safe.
- Local leaders react to Saturday’s protest in Salt Lake City
- Volunteers help clean up Capitol building after peaceful protest turns violent
- Governor Herbert issues statement following protests in Salt Lake City
- U.S. Attorney responds to statement from U.S. Department of Justice
- President of Auburn University posts letter on the current state of the nation