MORGAN COUNTY (ABC4 News) – The driver of a semi was killed in a fiery crash on I-84 in Morgan County.
Utah Highway Patrol says it happened before 11 Monday night by the Peterson overpass.
Troopers say the truck was pulling a 53-foot trailer full of food when the driver, for an unknown reason, left the lane and hit the cement barrier twice and then rolled on its side.
The truck and trailer then slid down the road where sparks and heat ignited fuel leaking from the tanks, which caught on fire.
Troopers say the driver was unable to get out.
He has been identified as Jimmie Grundie, 59 of Brigham City
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Tooele police need help finding more information about a hostage situation turned deadly
- Clearfield City to cancel youth sports
- Fremont High School football team forfeits playoff game due to COVID-19 outbreak
- Actor Jeff Bridges reveals he has been diagnosed with lymphoma
- Commission to mute microphones in next presidential debate