SANDY, Utah (ABC4 News)- The Sandy City Police Department lost one of their own Sunday.
Chief William “Bill” O’Neal died at 4:30 p.m., officials said.
Sandy City Police Sgt. Jason Nielsen said his death was “untimely.”
“Please keep Chief O’Neal and his family in your thoughts and prayers,” Nielsen said.
Service details will be released at a later time.
Chief O’Neal was sworn in as the Chief of Police in July 2018 but he was with the department since August 1996.
Deputy Chief Greg Severson will be acting as interim Chief, Nielsen said.
What others are reading:
- Logan K9’s to get new bulletproof vests
- How do you navigate taking the keys away from an aging loved one?
- Trump team argues against relevancy of Bolton testimony
- Coronavirus scare has border health officials from both sides in constant communication
- Andy Reid says former Chiefs QB Alex Smith took Patrick Mahomes under his wing