SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 News)- Former Salt Lake County Mayor Nancy Workman has passed away.
Workman was the first Salt Lake County Mayor, elected back in 2000 after the county switched from a commissioner based form of government. The Republican civic leader also served as County Recorder.
Workman’s term as mayor was marred by controversy. In 2004, she faced two felony charges for alleged misuse of public funds, but she was found not guilty a year later.
Workman, who also served as President and CEO of the Sandy Chamber of Commerce, passed away May 3rd peacefully in her St. George home, according to her obituary.
Workman was 80 years old.
- Mandatory evacuations no longer in effect due to wildfire burning above Olympus Cove on SLC’s East bench
- Firefighters battling 2-alarm structure fire in South Salt Lake
- 2 firefighters help deliver baby boy in California parking lot
- Firefighters battle 2 wildfires in Tooele County
- Hospitalizations on the rise; area hospitals struggle with staffing