SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – Two people were injured in a storage unit fire Saturday.
The incident reportedly happened at the Diamond Storage at 50 S. Redwood Road just before 10 p.m.
Adam Archuleta, the Public Information Officer for the Salt Lake City Fire Department says when fire crews arrived on scene, the structure was fully engulfed in flames.
Flames could be seen from the UDOT Commuterlink cameras on Interstate 80 and Redwood Road.
Archuletta says of the two people injured; one is in serious condition, the other is in fair condition. Both were taken by ambulance to a local hospital.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
This is a developing story. Updates will be posted as they become available.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- Possible link between High Altitude and Veteran Suicide
- AMBERT ALERT: Police ask for help locating 6-year-old missing from Millcreek
- Wildfire over Veyo Volcano human-caused, 75% contained
- ‘Absurd’: $1B earmarked for PPE spent on body armor, jet parts
- Non-profit organization puts together Rainbow Crosswalk Project in honor of LGBTQ+ community