DRAPER, Utah (ABC4 News)- Ron Lafferty is dead, officials confirmed Monday.
Lafferty, died of natural causes at the Utah State Prison, Kaitlin Felsted, spokesperson for the prison told ABC4.
Lafferty was convicted by a jury of two counts of capital murder in 1985 and has spent the past 34 years on death row.
In 1984, Lafferty claimed to have a divine revelation to murder his own sister-in-law Brenda Lafferty and her child. His brother Dan, also was convicted of the double murders.
What others are reading:
- Trump’s Supreme Court nominee moves toward Senate vote despite boycott by Dems
- Man arrested for stealing 2 cars, lighting one on fire in Uintah County
- Dixie Regional Medical Center medical director urges locals to ‘separate fear from respect for COVID-19’
- SLC International Airport to open new Concourse B
- Hoss is looking for a furrrever home