DRAPER, Utah (ABC4 News)- Ron Lafferty is dead, officials confirmed Monday.
Lafferty, died of natural causes at the Utah State Prison, Kaitlin Felsted, spokesperson for the prison told ABC4.
Lafferty was convicted by a jury of two counts of capital murder in 1985 and has spent the past 34 years on death row.
In 1984, Lafferty claimed to have a divine revelation to murder his own sister-in-law Brenda Lafferty and her child. His brother Dan, also was convicted of the double murders.
What others are reading:
- Parents angered over yearbook cover photo for Missouri elementary school
- Officer accused in Floyd’s death previously opened fire on 2 people
- Supercross returns to racing this weekend in Utah
- Campground use increases in pandemic, sparking bad behavior
- District Court Judge sides with Tooele County officials to stop planned Collin Raye concert