PROVO, Utah (ABC4 News)- A 43-year-old man is dead. Officials say he appears to have fallen from a “significant height” up Rock Canyon.
Sgt. Nisha King with the Provo Police Dept. said the man called his friend around 8:15 a.m. Tuesday and told them he was stuck on a rock up Squaw Peak. That friend immediately called 911.
Search and rescue crews responded but tracked his GPS coordinates to a different location.
By the time crews found him, he had fallen, Sgt. King said.
The man was later identified by the Provo Police Department as Michael Sean O’Donnal.
What others are clicking on:
- Weber State beats Montana to advance to FCS Semifinals for first time ever
- Mitchell, Bogdanovic rally Jazz past Warriors, 114-106
- It’s a big shopping weekend: Keep your car and valuables safe
- Provo businessman found guilty in medical study sex abuse case
- Feds move forward with plan for three-digit suicide prevention hotline