SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News)- Police in Salt Lake City said they are trying to block intersections for protesters marching from Liberty Park Sunday afternoon.
Police were unaware of the protest but it appears the march is for Bernardo Palacios-Carbajal who was shot and killed by Salt Lake City Police on May 23. However, that has not yet been confirmed.
Police were warning drivers of possible interruptions in the area. The march started at Liberty Park and headed east up 1700 South.
We will provide updates if more information is released.
- Aggies get run over by Air Force, 35-7
- Only on ABC4: No charges for armed SLCPD officer who pushed man with cane down
- Coronavirus vaccine concerns: Can businesses require employees to get the shots?
- Navajo Nation extends mandatory lockdown, hospitals in ‘crisis mode’ due to COVID-19
- Comedian documenting fight against COVID-19 dies after 2nd Instagram video