SANDY, Utah (ABC4 News) – An armed suspect barricaded himself inside a Sandy home just as police were arriving on a report of a sex offense involving a minor.
According to Sandy Police Sgt. Clayton Swenson, multiple officers responded to the home Saturday afternoon near 9400 South 2400 East. When police got there, they were able to get everyone else inside the home out safely.
When the man would not surrender, SWAT was called in. They were able to get inside the home and take the man into custody.
Police said the man did sustain injuries but were unrelated to his arrest and did not involve officer contact.
The man was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment and once released, he will be booked into the Salt Lake County Jail.
The name of the man was not released.
- Comcast Utah supports youth activism with social justice virtual event
- Record shattering 1,960 new COVID-19 cases Friday, Governor issues statement
- Police: 84-year-old woman found dead in Taylorsville, daughter in custody
- Photographs and Memories- Professional Photographer Chris Dickinson on Jessop’s Journal
- UPDATE: Bodycam footage released of man shot by Ogden police