SAO PAULO, Brazil (ABC4 News)- All missionaries are safe after a man with a knife attempted to enter The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Missionary Training Center in Sao Paulo Wednesday morning.
Nei Garcia the Brazil Area Director of Public Affairs said security guards detained the man until police arrived.
“At some point, when the intruder attempted to attack police, he was shot and killed by police,” Garcia said.
Garcia said missionaries and staff will receive any support they need.
“We are grateful for the prayers and support that have been offered at this time both for the missionaries and the family of the individual who was killed,” he added.
What others are reading:
- Hamlin and Newman contrast risk and reward at Daytona 500
- PHOTOS: Denny Hamlin celebrates Daytona 500 win
- Episode 43- Real Sports Live
- Super Tuesday fast approaching: What is it and why is it important?
- Buttigieg draws large crowd at Utah campaign stop ahead of Super Tuesday