SAO PAULO, Brazil (ABC4 News)- All missionaries are safe after a man with a knife attempted to enter The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Missionary Training Center in Sao Paulo Wednesday morning.
Nei Garcia the Brazil Area Director of Public Affairs said security guards detained the man until police arrived.
“At some point, when the intruder attempted to attack police, he was shot and killed by police,” Garcia said.
Garcia said missionaries and staff will receive any support they need.
“We are grateful for the prayers and support that have been offered at this time both for the missionaries and the family of the individual who was killed,” he added.
What others are reading:
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments
- GOP senator to introduce bill reimbursing parents $800 for remote learning expenses
- ‘Thank you for everything’: Oklahoma man battling COVID-19 texts mom before going into coma
- 3 more deaths, 1,077 test positive for COVID-19 in Utah
- Hazmat crews clean up fuel spill after tanker rollover in Bountiful