(UPDATE) – Salt Lake City Police have identified the driver of the car at 19-year-old Venacio Avila.
SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4) – A man is dead after he was ejected from his car in a crash on Redwood Road, according to the Salt Lake City Police Department.
Police said the crash happened at 1201 South Redwood Road just after 6 p.m. Saturday.
A car, apparently traveling at a high rate of speed, collided with a mini-van.
The man driving the car was ejected from the car and killed instantly, and the people in the minivan were treated at an area hospital with non-life threatening injuries, said police.
The investigation into the crash closed the area of Redwood Road into the early morning hours Sunday.
What others are reading:
- Multi day storm event—wet weather to stay through weekend
- Jazz get hot in Minnesota and knock off Timberwolves, 127-116
- Many Republicans & Democrats still not on board with tax reform proposal
- Amazon presents Volunteers of America, Utah with $30K donation to fight homelessness
- USPS expects a busy holiday season