(UPDATE) – Salt Lake City Police have identified the driver of the car at 19-year-old Venacio Avila.
SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4) – A man is dead after he was ejected from his car in a crash on Redwood Road, according to the Salt Lake City Police Department.
Police said the crash happened at 1201 South Redwood Road just after 6 p.m. Saturday.
A car, apparently traveling at a high rate of speed, collided with a mini-van.
The man driving the car was ejected from the car and killed instantly, and the people in the minivan were treated at an area hospital with non-life threatening injuries, said police.
The investigation into the crash closed the area of Redwood Road into the early morning hours Sunday.
What others are reading:
- Fear and anxiety spike in virus hot spots across US, including Utah
- Want to play Pac-Man in the real world? You need a Caterpillar vehicle for this wild Illinois maze
- COVID-19 Utah: 1,765 new COVID-19, 4 more deaths reported Sunday
- Medical condition possible factor in head-on collision on SR-201
- Search and Rescue crews help 2 minors who spent the night in Little Cottonwood Canyon