(UPDATE) – Salt Lake City Police have identified the driver of the car at 19-year-old Venacio Avila.
SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4) – A man is dead after he was ejected from his car in a crash on Redwood Road, according to the Salt Lake City Police Department.
Police said the crash happened at 1201 South Redwood Road just after 6 p.m. Saturday.
A car, apparently traveling at a high rate of speed, collided with a mini-van.
The man driving the car was ejected from the car and killed instantly, and the people in the minivan were treated at an area hospital with non-life threatening injuries, said police.
The investigation into the crash closed the area of Redwood Road into the early morning hours Sunday.
What others are reading:
- Do you know who this person is? Suspect caught on video stealing Black Lives Matter yard sign
- Medical call leads to shots fired and SWAT standoff in West Haven overnight
- Mandatory evacuations no longer in effect due to wildfire burning above Olympus Cove on SLC’s East bench
- Firefighters battling 2-alarm structure fire in South Salt Lake
- 2 firefighters help deliver baby boy in California parking lot