MURRAY, Utah (ABC4 News) – Police have arrested two suspects after a woman was shot in front of a smoke shop Saturday afternoon.
Andrew Lucero, 35, and Siesia Otulangi Makaafi, also 35, were booked into the Salt Lake County Jail on Saturday after police responded to a shooting around 2 p.m. near 4500 South 300 West.
Documents state a witness saw Makaafi and another woman arguing while holding a purse outside the smoke shop when Lucero came outside of the store with a gun.
Lucero handed the gun to Makaafi and the witness said he heard a gunshot and the woman fall to the ground. Makaafi left the scene in a vehicle and Lucero went back inside the store, documents state.
Lucero was apprehended at the smoke shop and a handgun with one round in the chamber and a fully-loaded magazine was located in his front pocket.
Makaafi called police a while later and turned herself in.
The woman was transported to the hospital in serious condition. Police said on Monday that it appears the shooting happened during an argument over property.
Lucero faces charges of obstruction of justice, aggravated assault, and carrying a loaded firearm. Makaafi faces charges of aggravated assault resulting in serious bodily injury.
As of Monday, Lucero was still incarcerated.
- Workers worldwide hold ‘Make Amazon Pay’ protests on Black Friday
- Second stimulus checks: Here’s how Biden might try to boost the economy
- Navajo homes getting electricity with CARES Act funding
- Man with history of DUI’s found passed out behind the wheel at stop sign in Utah County
- Utah 2 day report shows 6,142 new COVID-19 cases Friday, 15 new deaths