TOOELE COUNTY, Utah (ABC4 News) – The body of a man found Friday inside the freezer of a home in Tooele County may have been there as long as 11 years, according to police.
Tooele City Police Sgt. Jeremy Hansen said authorities were called to the Remington Park Apartments located at 495 W. Utah Ave on Friday for a welfare check on a 75-year-old woman who had not been seen for several weeks.
Once they arrived, they located the woman, later identified as Jeanne Souron-Mathers, deceased on her bed.
While searching the apartment, authorities found the body of a man inside a chest freezer in the home. Police said there are different accounts of when a male was last seen at the home, and the body could have been there as long as 11 years.
The man was later determined to be her husband 69-year-old Paul Edward Mathers.
Here’s the latest from police:
Very few details are being released as the investigation continues.
What others are clicking on:
- Parleys Fire now 50% contained, Evacuations to be lifted at 8pm Sunday night
- Upper Provo Fire: Fire near Mirror Lake Highway now 78% contained
- Sunday morning fire rips through Salt Lake City business
- Truck crash and explosion closes I-15; burning rig seen dangling over bridge
- Routine traffic stop nets drugs and cash; Driver facing multiple charges