MIDVALE, Utah (ABC4 News) – Unified Police arrested a man who they say fired at them after they responded to hearing gunshots in the area in Midvale early Wednesday morning.
According to Unified Police Sgt. Melody Cutler, around 2:30 a.m., police were out on a search warrant near 7200 South and 400 West and heard gunshots nearby.
When police responded to the room at the Motel 6 where the shots came from, the suspect fled the room and ran from police.
The suspect ran through the McDonald’s parking lot and as an officer followed, the suspect fired his weapon several times at him then continued to run.
A short while later, officers located the suspect was he was apprehended.
Police found a man who had been shot in the room. He was taken to the hospital in critical condition but has since been upgraded to stable, according to the Unified Police Department.
The shooting remains under investigation.
- Millcreek grandmother arrested for obstructing the investigation into a missing 6-year-old
- AMBERT ALERT: Police ask for help locating 6-year-old missing from Millcreek
- With little movement on new stimulus checks in US, here’s what other countries have done
- Utah ranks 43 out of 50 on ‘2020’s Safest States for Schools to Reopen’
- POLICE: 3 men in Utah for work, rob Price couple at gunpoint, severely beating of them