MURRAY- (ABC4 News) Investigators are piecing together what led to a deadly hit and run on an I-15 off-ramp early Saturday morning.
The Utah Department of Public Safety says around 4:30 am, the driver of a white SUV was exiting the 4500 South off-ramp in Murray when it struck and killed a pedestrian.
The driver did not stop, a witness followed the SUV and called 911. Responding officers later pulled the driver over. The hit and run driver is currently under investigation for driving while impaired.
The identity of the victim still has not been released and the 4500 South off-ramp and the right lanes of I-15 will be closed until mid-morning.
- Monarch butterfly population moves closer to extinction
- Heavy snowfalls, high avalanche danger continues, officials warn public
- Firefighters battle Provo flames Sunday
- Meet Kamala, the dog with no nose rescued after inauguration
- Ted Cruz vs. Seth Rogen: Republican Texas senator and actor take shots over Twitter