UPDATE: Police have identified the woman killed after a tractor trailer ran into the back of her vehicle as Tooele resident Kristina L Martinez, 53.
TOOELE, Utah (ABC4 News) – Utah Highway Patrol is currently investigating a fatal crash involving a car and a semi-truck on I-80 in Tooele County Tuesday morning.
According to UHP, the crash happened at mile post 84 around 6:45 a.m. when a 2000 Chevy Blazer and a Freightliner tractor with trailer were both traveling west.
Witnesses said the Blazer was traveling at approximately 35 mph due to a separated tire and the Freightliner tractor trailer was traveling at approximately 75 mph.
The Freightliner ran into the rear of the Blazer, causing it to spin off the right shoulder of the roadway where it rolled. The driver of the Blazer was ejected and died at the scene.
The Freightliner swerved into the median and also rolled. The Freightliner driver’s injuries were minor and treated on scene.
ABC4 will provide an update as soon as more information is released.
What others are clicking on:
- U of U Health updates hours of operation at COVID-19 in-car testing
- Mistakenly released suspect in racial attack of missionary back behind bars
- Florida lawmakers celebrate space launch return to the state
- Utah County private school holds in-person graduation while adhering to social distancing guidelines
- Pandemic exposes ‘our health system does not serve all’