SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 News)- Students at West High were placed on lockdown Tuesday morning after school officials say a student reported they saw another student with a gun.
Officers with the Salt Lake Police Dept. report one person in custody.
School officials lifted the lock down around 1:10 p.m.
“We were able to locate the individual that they had called about, and did recover a handgun from that individual. That individual is a juvenile, is currently in custody, and at this time charges will be pending against them,” said Det. Michael Ruff with Salt Lake City Police.
What others are reading:
- Man killed in Tremonton crash identified
- 20-year-old man injured after being hit by a falling rock inside Uintah County cave
- BYU commits three turnovers and gets dominated by #22 Washington, 45-19
- The latest on the bus crash near Bryce Canyon that killed 4, injured more than a dozen others
- Utah unemployment rate remains steady at 2.8% in August