BOX ELDER COUNTY, Utah (ABC4 News)- Shortly after noon on Saturday, Box Elder County sent police, EMS, and Search and Rescue units to respond to a reported vehicle rollover, according to the Box Elder County Sheriff’s Office.
Mantua Police were the first to arrive on scene and found that a 2005 Ford F250 pickup had slid off the road and rolled about 200 feet down the mountain. The vehicle’s only occupant was ejected from the vehicle and died at the scene.
Investigation into the incident is ongoing, but officials believe that the driver was attempting to turn the vehicle around due to the extremely slippery conditions, when the vehicle dropped backwards off of the road.
Due to the significant drop off, the vehicle rolled violently down the mountain, ejecting the driver, who was identified as Jess Cole Palmer, 44, of Pleasant View, Utah. Palmer’s body was transported to the Utah State Medical Examiner.
What others are reading:
- Murray Police searching for suspect in car chase and crash stemming from a paintball gun
- Are two masks better than one?
- Suspect in custody after high-speed chase in Cedar City
- ‘A gift you don’t want to give’: Over 200 vehicles stolen last month in Salt Lake City
- Behind every soldier, there is someone like LeeAnn Gossett