Update: Officials with the Salt Lake City Police Department have identified the deceased subject from Saturday’s officer-involved critical incident as Bernardo Palacios-Carbajal, 22.
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News)- One man is dead after a shooting involving police Saturday morning.
It happened just after 2 a.m. near 900 South and 300 West.
When police arrived on the scene they found an armed man. Officials say at that point the suspect took off. Investigators say officers gave chase, a confrontation occurred, and the gun-wielding man was shot and killed.
No officers were injured.
The Officer Involved Critical Incident Investigative protocol has been put into place, the Unified Police Department will be investigating.
Updates to this story will be posted as more information becomes available.
- House Republicans file lawsuit against Speaker Nancy Pelosi over proxy voting
- Salt Lake County announces first phase of recreation center openings
- Tooele County officials halt controversial Collin Raye concert
- Can you clean with electricity?
- DWR warns about coming into contact with baby wildlife