The Salt Lake City Police Dept. released bodycam footage of this shooting on Friday, June 5th.
Update: Officials with the Salt Lake City Police Department have identified the deceased subject from Saturday’s officer-involved critical incident as Bernardo Palacios-Carbajal, 22.
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News)- One man is dead after a shooting involving police Saturday morning.
It happened just after 2 a.m. near 900 South and 300 West.
When police arrived on the scene they found an armed man. Officials say at that point the suspect took off. Investigators say officers gave chase, a confrontation occurred, and the gun-wielding man was shot and killed.
No officers were injured.
The Officer Involved Critical Incident Investigative protocol has been put into place, the Unified Police Department will be investigating.
Updates to this story will be posted as more information becomes available.
- Is this the last battle for the Old Wagon Wheel?
- Utes out for revenge against Oregon State
- Homicide suspect, daughter killed in shootout with California law enforcement
- Volvo’s next EVs include subcompact crossover, mid-size sedan
- Man serving life sentence for deadly Las Vegas Strip bombing escapes from prison