OGDEN, Utah (ABC4 News) – Residents were asked to shelter in place after an officer-involved shooting resulted in the death of one officer and injury to another.
Related update: Officer killed during shooting at home in Ogden
The incident unfolded around 12:14 p.m. at a home in the 300 block of Jackson Avenue in Ogden Thursday.
Those who live near 6th and Monroe, Jackson to 6th & St will want to find another way home. The shelter in place could last up to 24 hours for evidence reasons and not safety reasons.
Residents in the area reported they head a barrage of gunfire just prior to a large response by agencies from all over Weber County. Ogden police said two officers were struck by gunfire. One was fatally wounded, and the other is expected to survive.
WATCH LIVE UPDATE
- Firefighters battling 2-alarm structure fire in South Salt Lake
- Mandatory evacuations no longer in effect due to wildfire burning above Olympus Cove on SLC’s East bench
- 2 firefighters help deliver baby boy in California parking lot
- Firefighters battle 2 wildfires in Tooele County
- Hospitalizations on the rise; area hospitals struggle with staffing