NORTH OGDEN, Utah (AP) — A new monument is planned outside North Ogden City Hall to acknowledge and honor local soldiers who died while serving in the military.
The North Ogden City Council has agreed to grant an easement allowing placement of the memorial in the open area between City Hall, the North Ogden Police Department and the Weber County Library System North Branch location.
The Standard-Examiner reports that representatives from Follow the Flag North Ogden will help spearhead fundraising efforts and around $60,000 will be needed.
They are hoping for installation next May, in time for Memorial Day.
Former North Ogden Mayor Brent Taylor was killed last year while deployed in Afghanistan with the Utah Army National Guard.
His widow, Jennie Taylor, has pushed the plans for the proposed Gold Star Families Monument.
What others are clicking on:
- Yes, the desert misses the rain
- Possible outbreak of COVID-19 at Central Utah Correctional Facility
- San Juan County Sheriff’s Office releases ‘persons’ of interest in mysterious Utah monolith disappearance
- 31-year-old inmate dies at Salt Lake County Jail
- Bountiful High School to choose new mascot after changing from Braves