SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A Nebraska man has been arrested in a cold-case killing of a Salt Lake City woman in her apartment, authorities said.
Bryan Reed, 55, awaits extradition to face Utah charges of murder and aggravated burglary in the Aug. 18, 1982 killing of 72-year-old Wilhelmina Reid. the South Sioux City Police Department said Tuesday night in a statement.
The statement said police said investigators first interviewed Reed in the case in December 2018 and at that time served a search warrant for his DNA.
According to South Sioux City police, the DNA results and fingerprints linked Reed to the killing and that a subsequent interview by Salt Lake City police “gained Reed’s admission.”
What others are clicking on:
- Georgia Republican says she has filed articles of impeachment against Biden
- Biden ordering help as talks start on big aid plan
- Donovan Mitchell scores season-high 36 points as Jazz win 7th straight, 129-118
- Utah State’s 11-game winning streak comes to an end with an 84-76 loss to Colorado State
- Utes snap 12-game Pac-12 road losing streak with 71-56 win at Washington State