UPDATE: 11:15 a.m.-Sardine Canyon is open in both directions. Chains or 4×4 required.
UPDATE: 10:45 a.m.–Eastbound lanes have re-opened between Main St. in Brigham City and Wellsville. Westbound lanes remain closed.
SARDINE CANYON, Utah (ABC4 News)- Several crashes and winter conditions have closed both lanes of Sardine Canyon.
Emergency officials are asking drivers to slow down, buckle up, or stay home if possible.
The heaviest snow is expected Monday afternoon into the evening in Northern Utah. Valley locations could see anywhere between 1-3″ of snow. Lake effect snow is possible into Tuesday morning for Tooele County.
Benches can expect anywhere from 2-5″, and lingering snow showers are expected into the evening and Tuesday morning. Read more here.
What others are clicking on:
- Dems and Trump trade blame for COVID-19 failures as election nears
- Walmart to expand store hours in November
- Americans struggle with food security amid pandemic
- Local boys volleyball teams to compete in historic multi-state tournament Oct. 23-24
- Record shattering 1,960 new COVID-19 cases Friday, Governor issues statement