SANDY, Utah (ABC4 News) – A mom and her two kids were hit by a car Tuesday morning.
According to Sandy City Police Sgt. Jason Nielson, the crash happened at 1853 East Sego Lily Drive around 9:15 a.m.
Sgt. Nielson said the mother was pushing the toddlers across a crosswalk in a stroller when the driver of a Subaru hit them.
The mom and the older child are in stable condition. The younger child was flown to Primary Children’s in critical condition, but their condition was upgraded to stable Tuesday afternoon.
Police said at the time of the crash, the yellow crosswalk lights were activated. It’s still unclear if the sun was a factor, and the driver said they did not see the mom and children, police said.
What others are clicking on:
- Utah reports 345 new cases of COVID-19 Saturday, 3 new deaths
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand halfway through August
- ‘Senseless act of violence’: Teen arrested in connection with Payson assault spree
- Walmart extending closing time to 10 p.m. at most stores
- The best cities for saving money in the U.S.