WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – A 20-year-old man has been formally charged after police said he stabbed another man he found at a hotel with his girlfriend in West Valley City.
Arresting documents state Christopher Antonio Hernandez was charged with first-degree felony aggravated burglary as well as one second-degree felony aggravated assault for the incident that took place back in October.
Police said the victim arrived at Jordan Valley Hospital around 2:30 a.m. with a stab wound to his chest. He told police he had gone to a hotel room with a female co-worker and after being in the room for a while, the woman’s boyfriend showed up and assaulted him with a large knife, documents state.
The victim said Hernandez then took the woman by the arm while still holding the knife, and they both left.
When officers arrived at the hotel room, the found a large amount of blood and the suspect and his girlfriend were gone.
Through an attorney, Hernandez turned himself in to police around 4:30 p.m. He refused to answer any questions and the attorney told police he had seen his client’s girlfriend alive, and she too had retained an attorney.
A background check on Hernandez shows no criminal history in Utah.
What others are clicking on:
- PHOTOS: One of NFL’s most handsome players headlining Super Bowl
- Brett Favre sees some of his own traits in Mahomes
- Last Chiefs Super Bowl featured bizarre military reenactment at halftime
- Kansas teen’s cancer battle honored by Patrick Mahones during AFC Championship
- Former KC teammates, co-workers saw spark in 49ers’ female coach Katie Sowers, who’s making history