UPDATE: Police in West Valley City announced Wednesday they have two men in custody they believe were involved in the fatal shooting of a 17-year-old on Sunday.
Tuesday night, West Jordan Police located and arrested 25-year-old Saivontre Spillers and 22-year-old Adrian McCleary in Evanston, WY.
During the arrest, police said both suspects possessed evidence linked to the case and will be extradited back to Utah.
West Valley City Police said the victim, 17-year-old Edwin B. Reyes, is related to one of their officers, so the case will continue to be investigated by West Jordan PD.
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – Police identified the teenager killed in a shooting near a West Valley City park.
The victim is identified as 17-year-old Edwin B. Reyes.
According to police, the shooting happened near Peachwood Park, 3500 West 3900 South, at about 7 p.m. When police arrived, Reyes had already died from his injuries.
West Valley City police said the victim is related to an employee of the department, and due to a conflict of interest the West Jordan Police Department will take over the investigation.
- Firefighters quick to stop grass fire caused by fireworks from spreading to homes in West Jordan
- Parents need help flying preemie babies born in Utah home to Florida
- Places of worship told to stop singing, chanting as COVID-19 cases spike in California
- Attorney confirms Vanessa Guillen remains positively identified
- Fire damages old, historic hotel in Tooele