PAYSON, Utah (ABC4 News)- A 23-year-old man is dead after crashing into a light or power pole in Payson, officials say.
Crews responded to 800 South Main Street at midnight and extricated the man out of the vehicle. He was taken to Mountain View Hospital where he was declared dead a short time later.
There was a passenger in the vehicle, also 23, but no condition has been provided.
Police believe speed was a factor in the crash.
The man’s identity has not been released to the public.
What others are reading:
- Motorcyclist shot by police in Holladay traffic altercation was state fugitive
- The Justice Files: Remembering Brylee
- Less than 10: Flatten the Curve, new initiative aims to steady coronavirus case spike in Cache County
- How many confirmed COVID-19 cases are in Salt Lake County schools?
- ‘Red flag warning’: Governor Gary Herbert reacts to Utah’s Covid-19 spike