WEBER COUNTY, Utah (ABC4 News) – Police have identified a 21-year-old man who died after a tragic construction accident in Weber County Tuesday morning.
According to Lt. Courtney Ryan, Weber County Sheriff’s Office, the incident happened at 9:40 a.m. near 5800 West and 1100 South when 21-year-old Donis Villalobos of South Salt Lake was working in a trench laying the pipe and was crushed by the bucket of an excavator.
Several indiviuals attempted life-saving measures but Villalobos died on scene.
(It was originally reported the victim was 33, that has been corrected)
- Toddler found roaming streets with injuries from broken glass, man charged with child endangerment
- Copper Hills High School to reopen after closing for deep cleaning due to reported COVID-19 cases
- Residents react to Orem and Provo moving back to Orange Phase
- Face coverings now mandated in Utah County
- Alta, Brighton High School switch to online learning for 14 days after COVID-19 uptick