SANDY, Utah (ABC4 News) – Police are investigating a crash on the 10600 South overpass above Interstate 15 in Sandy Tuesday night.
Sandy police said at 7:42 p.m. a Mitsubishi Mirage was making a northbound turn on 10600 South when a westbound Kia Sorento broadsided the Mitsubishi.
The 34-year-old male passenger of the Mitsubishi was confirmed dead, according to police. The 18-year-old driver sustained unknown injuries.
The occupants of the Kia, a 19-year-old driver and two 15-year-old passengers suffered minor injuries, police said.
Westbound 10600 South will remain closed for the next couple of hours as police investigate the crash.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- Empty Utah: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Conference Center and Temple Square
- Empty Utah: The Shops at South Town
- President Nelson announces construction of 8 new temples throughout the world, one in Utah
- Mountain America Expo Center turned into alternate care site
- Tiger at NYC’s Bronx Zoo tests positive for coronavirus