SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – A man has been arrested for animal cruelty after police said he crashed his car while driving impaired and injured his dog.
According to the arresting document, troopers responded to a crash near 3900 South on I-215 East going Northbound. Upon arrival, troopers noticed a crashed vehicle with airbags deployed.
Troopers said the driver of the vehicle, Benjamin Brennan, 33, smelled like alcohol and he failed a field sobriety test.
Police said inside the vehicle were several open containers of alcohol, marijuana vape cartridges and a dog inside the vehicle who was injured, documents states.
Brennan faces several misdemeanor charges including the open container in vehicle, driving on a suspended license, failure to operate within a single lane, drug possession and cruelty to animals.
What others are clicking on:
- Body found in pond near Miller Estate Apartments in Murray identified
- Zion National Park reports miles of graffiti at unprecedented levels
- ReTree Salt Lake City launches to replant trees lost by storm
- Mourners continue to pay respects to Ginsburg
- House Dems urge Senate to move forward with negotiations on next COVID relief bill