UINTAH COUNTY, Utah (ABC4 News) – A man has been arrested in Uintah County Wednesday for allegedly stealing two cars and lighting one of them on fire.
According to the Uintah County Sheriff’s Office, 22-year-old Marshall Creekmore of Myton was arrested after a tip led deputies to a stolen vehicle parked at a Ballard hotel.
Deputies say Creekmore was found to be responsible for taking a truck from a local business in Ballard last week and additional evidence on scene tied him to another stolen vehicle taken from another Ballard business late Tuesday night. That vehicle was found on fire south of Ballard early Wednesday morning.
Creekmore was taken into custody and transported to the Uintah County Jail. He faces two counts of vehicle theft, arson, and drug charges.
The case is still under investigation.
- Report: Utah officer captured on ABC4 cameras used ‘improper’ force when pushing man during protests
- Well-Known Classics: A Look back at nostalgic holiday movies
- New Utah unemployment claims decrease, despite record-high numbers
- Is your Amazon Black Friday purchase a good deal? This tool will tell you if the price has been lower
- Donate now: Start 2021 by helping the food insecure