SALT LAKE CITY, Utah, (ABC4 Utah) – “It should cause us all alarm.” Governor Herbert briefed Utahns on the current pandemic situation, which now has a record number of positive cases and a record number of hospitalizations.
For Utah, it is one of the most severe moments of the Pandemic. 21 of Utah’s 29 counties are now listed as high transmission level areas.
At times the Governor seemed exasperated. He was not the only one. During the news conference, Dr. Angela Dunn also expressed exasperation said she was not trying to scare Utahn’s but was trying to inform everyone as to what was going on.
Governor Herbert told Utahn’s the hospitals were starting to fill up, Officials are worried the rate is not sustainable
The Governor said, “It’s like playing a game of whack-a-mole” he said the fight is frustrating because once you get one point handled, something else pops up.
You can watch the entire press conference above.
- Workers worldwide hold ‘Make Amazon Pay’ protests on Black Friday
- Second stimulus checks: Here’s how Biden might try to boost the economy
- Navajo homes getting electricity with CARES Act funding
- Man with history of DUI’s found passed out behind the wheel at stop sign in Utah County
- Utah 2 day report shows 6,142 new COVID-19 cases Friday, 15 new deaths