UTAH COUNTY, Utah (ABC4 News) – A Lehi man has been booked into jail on charges of a DUI after a rollover crash near Eureka.
Deputies say they responded to reports of a rollover crash on Dividend Road between Elberta and Eureka at 10:20 p.m. Tuesday
The driver, Derek James McCoy, 32, of Lehi sustained minor injuries but deputies say he had consumed alcohol and was arrested for DUI.
Deputies later found that McCoy had three prior convictions for DUI in Utah.
Two of those DUI’s were reportedly within the last ten years which make this DUI a third-degree felony, according to deputies.
McCoy is said to have refused to submit to tests, so the deputy had to obtain a warrant for blood and urine. Deputies found that McCoy had also recently used marijuana.
McCoy has also been charged with driving while having an alcohol restriction.
What others are reading:
- Grand County rescue crews busy responding to injuries over Memorial Day Weekend
- If I use search and rescue, who pays for it?
- ‘I have never seen anything like this dog’s will to live’: Dog found abused, in need of help
- Former employee sues Utah County company over working conditions during COVID-19 pandemic
- 4 Minneapolis officers fired after death of black man