LAYTON, Utah (ABC4 News)- Several officers with the Layton Police Dept. saved a person from a burning home Sunday morning.
The fire was reported just before 6 a.m. at 780 East Summerwood Drive (300 North).
Layton Fire officials say the officers were there before they arrived.
One other person was in the home and was able to make it out on their own, officials say. Both of them were taken to the hospital with minor injuries, according to fire crews.
The officers were checked out on scene.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
This is a developing story. Updates will be posted as more information becomes available.
What others are reading:
- Logan elementary student says ‘racism ends with my generation’
- Biden becomes first presidential candidate to reach 80 million votes
- Crews start to demolish the old airport to finish the new one
- Police searching for suspect in veterinary hospital robbery in Sandy
- How to address youth mental health challenges during the pandemic