LAYTON, Utah (ABC4 News)- Several officers with the Layton Police Dept. saved a person from a burning home Sunday morning.
The fire was reported just before 6 a.m. at 780 East Summerwood Drive (300 North).
Layton Fire officials say the officers were there before they arrived.
One other person was in the home and was able to make it out on their own, officials say. Both of them were taken to the hospital with minor injuries, according to fire crews.
The officers were checked out on scene.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
This is a developing story. Updates will be posted as more information becomes available.
What others are reading:
- Eric Gordon scores 50 as Houston ends Utah’s 9-game home win streak, 126-117
- Hundreds rally for Charter Day on Capitol Hill
- Chief justice: Jail and prisons are our states’ new de facto mental institutions
- Petition calls on NBA to change logo in honor of Kobe Bryant
- Suspect arrested in connection with reported abduction near West Valley high school