LAYTON, Utah (ABC4 News)- Several officers with the Layton Police Dept. saved a person from a burning home Sunday morning.
The fire was reported just before 6 a.m. at 780 East Summerwood Drive (300 North).
Layton Fire officials say the officers were there before they arrived.
One other person was in the home and was able to make it out on their own, officials say. Both of them were taken to the hospital with minor injuries, according to fire crews.
The officers were checked out on scene.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
This is a developing story. Updates will be posted as more information becomes available.
What others are reading:
- KTVX/KUCW Dino & Dragon Stroll 2021 Sweepstakes
- Biden maintains optimism on US economy
- St. Mark’s Hospital is one of 100 hospitals nationwide awarded the “2022 Spine Surgery Excellence Award”
- Man accused of killing 10 at Colorado grocery store ruled incompetent for trial
- First case of Omicron variant found in Utah