SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – After a successful #GiveThanks Thanksgiving initiative, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is now on to promote their annual Christmas initiative, ‘Light the World’.
On Sunday morning, the church released a video encouraging members of the church along with people everywhere to continuing giving thanks and to follow the example of the Savior Jesus Christ through meaningful service.
At LighttheWorld.org, people can find ways to give to charities, watch Christmas messages, and download a daily service calendar that has daily prompts to ‘serve others the way Jesus served’ so we can ‘end 2020 on a hopeful note’.
The service calendar starts on Dec. 1 as it encourages others to make a donation to charity, volunteer with a local nonprofit, or post a link on social media so others can participate in the church’s campaign.
Other prompts on the service calendar include showing appreciation for a health-care worker, making treats for friends, and getting together with loved ones for a virtual hangout.
- The TikTok dance we can’t stop watching
- Clare speaks out about the big Bachelorette breakup
- Weekend activities to take you out, or enjoy virtually
- Utah delegation, officials urge Biden to reconsider suspension of energy leases on federal lands
- Murray doctor pleads guilty to illegally prescribing controlled substances