SANDY, Utah (ABC4 News) – A Sandy family whose two young boys are still recovering after being struck by a car is getting some unexpected help from Jared Leto.
“Remember the smallest gesture can make a big impact…even if it’s just a hello and a smile,” said Leto.
The boy’s father, Michael Hofer said he was absolutely blown away with Leto’s donation to his family.
“I have no idea how he found out about it either. What an incredible surprise!”
Brighton Hofer, the boy’s mother posted on her Instragram as soon as word spread about Leto’s generosity:
On Wednesday, Hofer said his wife Brighton and two son’s Watson and Griffin are all doing much better.
“Watson still has a long road ahead of him but we see small improvements everyday,” said Hofer.
The Hofer family spoke exclusively to ABC4’s Jason Nguyen and shared their story of their boy’s recovery.
“Our oldest has a skull fracture and so that was really concerning,” said the boys’ father Michael Hofer. “He wasn’t doing very well and they had to intubate him.”
You can read the full interview here.
Jared Leto is an actor and singer-songwriter. He is the lead vocalist for the group Thirty Seconds to Mars and is mostly known for his roles in My So-Called Life, Fight Club, Dallas Buyers Club, The Thin Red Line, American Psycho, Blade Runner and as the “Joker” in Suicide Squad.
What others are clicking on:
- Firefighters battling 2-alarm structure fire in South Salt Lake
- Mandatory evacuations no longer in effect due to wildfire burning above Olympus Cove on SLC’s East bench
- 2 firefighters help deliver baby boy in California parking lot
- Firefighters battle 2 wildfires in Tooele County
- Hospitalizations on the rise; area hospitals struggle with staffing