WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump says he has directed the release on Wednesday of the “unredacted” transcript of his July phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy.
Trump has acknowledged that he discussed former Vice President Joe Biden in the call.
Trump tweets Tuesday that “You will see it was a very friendly and totally appropriate call. No pressure.”
Trump’s reference to Biden on the call raised questions about whether the president improperly used his office to pressure another country as a way of hurting one of his chief Democratic rivals.
On Monday, it was reported that Trump had ordered his staff to freeze nearly $400 million in aid to Ukraine a few days before a phone call with Zelenskiy
The call is at the center of an intelligence whistleblower complaint.
- Donovan Mitchell scores season-high 36 points as Jazz win 7th straight, 129-118
- Utah State’s 11-game winning streak comes to an end with an 84-76 loss to Colorado State
- Utes snap 12-game Pac-12 road losing streak with 71-56 win at Washington State
- Matt Haarms scores 23 as BYU rolls past Portland, 95-67
- 1 year later: What Utah officials wish they knew when COVID first hit