DRAPER, Utah (ABC4 News) – An investigation is underway after an inmate at the Utah State Prison died following an altercation Monday night.
According to the Utah Department of Corrections Communications Director Kaitlin Felsted, the altercation happened late in the evening at the Oquirrh Facility.
The family of the inmate who dies has been notified however the name of the victim will not be released at this time due to the incident being under investigation by the Utah State Bureau of Investigation.
Felsted stted the cause of death is not suspected to be COVID-19-related.
- Comcast Utah supports youth activism with social justice virtual event
- Record shattering 1,960 new COVID-19 cases Friday, Governor issues statement
- Police: 84-year-old woman found dead in Taylorsville, daughter in custody
- Photographs and Memories- Professional Photographer Chris Dickinson on Jessop’s Journal
- UPDATE: Bodycam footage released of man shot by Ogden police