IDAHO FALLS, Idaho (ABC4) – Officials of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints rededicated the Idaho Falls Idaho Temple on June 4 in three sessions, beginning at 9 am, 12 pm and 3 pm.
The temple closed in March for renovations.
Idaho youth presented a cultural celebration featuring music and dance on Saturday to celebrate the rededication.
Officials initially dedicated the Idaho Falls temple on September 23, 1945, while President George Albert Smith was president of the church.
There are 154 temples worldwide. It is one of four temples in Idaho, with others in Twin Falls, Boise, and Rexburg. The fifth temple in Meridian is currently under construction.