IRON COUNTY, Utah (ABC4 News) – A home in Iron County is a total loss after a house fire Saturday night.
Cedar City Communications received several calls of Trees on fire in the area of 3500 East SR-14 around 8:30 p.m.
Deputies from Iron County Sheriff’s Office and well as Officers from Cedar City Police Department responded and found a home fully engulfed. The home was tucked back into the trees with several other homes nearby.
Cedar City Fire Department assisted by Kanarraville Fire Department and Color Country fire were able to stop the fire preventing from spreading.
Troopers with Utah Highway Patrol responded to close SR-14 for access to water and all traffic was diverted.
The home was unoccupied at the time and is considered a total loss. The cause of the fire is unknown and is currently being investigated.
- Holly Courtier planned to go on spiritual journey, fast inside Zion National Park, family says
- Utah company and Nuzzles & Co. adoption agency to hold free pet adoption event
- State leaders growing frustrated with spike in COVID cases
- Two years after the murder of U of U student-athlete, Lauren McCluskey; a new settlement and how loved ones are remembering her
- Police capture, identify suspect who ran over, dragged, WVC officer Thursday morning