SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 News) A 30-year-old is dead from a vaping-related lung injury, health officials said Wednesday.
“Public health officials investigating the death have determined the individual vaped THC prior to their death,” a press release from the Utah Department of Health stated.
The person died at their home and was never hospitalized, officials said.
As of this week, the UDOH has reported 76 cases of vaping-related lung injuries, with another 14 potential cases currently under investigation. More than 90 percent of these cases were hospitalized, and many of them required treatment in intensive care units. Ninety-four percent of Utah cases self-reported vaping THC products.
For more information on the vaping-related lung injury outbreak visit https://health.utah.gov/lung-disease-investigation.
- Missing Eagle Mountain man found dead in his truck Saturday morning
- Those struggling with opioid misuse can call 2-1-1 for support, treatment options
- PLAYOFF PREVIEW: Round 2 – Green Bay Packers head to San Francisco with Super Bowl berth on the line
- A look inside the Lost and Found at Lambeau Field
- Lambeau’s very own tailgating hype band