SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News)- Hundreds of students at West High left class Tuesday morning, some holding signs that read “Free Ford”.
School district officials told ABC4 the school’s principal, Ford White, was placed on administrative leave on November 15th.
They would not confirm why, but rumors circulating on social media say that White took two students home who appeared to be drunk on campus- instead of calling police.
ABC4 News spoke to the two students involved. They say they’re sorry for what they’ve done, but due to their age we were unable to interview them on camera.
Students say the walkout was planned to support Principal White.
What others are reading:
- ‘How To’ guide for downtown Salt Lake City during the holidays
- Live coverage & analysis: Judiciary Committee nears impeachment vote
- Multi day storm event—wet weather to stay through weekend
- Jazz get hot in Minnesota and knock off Timberwolves, 127-116
- Many Republicans & Democrats still not on board with tax reform proposal