KAYSVILLE, Utah (ABC4 News)- An elderly man was found dead after his home caught fire Friday night.
He was been identified as DeRay Taylor of Kaysville.
Crews were called to the area on 250 North between 500 East and 600 E around 10:15 p.m.
Firefighters weren’t able to make it inside the home at first. They say the fire was coming out of all of the windows and was aggressive.
Once they got control of the fire, they searched the home and found the 76-year-old man had died in the home. Officials say he was the only one in the home at the time of the fire.
“We send our heartfelt condolences to his loved ones, who have been notified of the incident,” a post on the Kaysville Fire Department’s Facebook page stated.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
What others are reading:
- Utah Legislature passes controversial tax overhaul bill
- House panel delays historic Trump impeachment vote
- Former NBA Commissioner Stern has emergency brain surgery
- Trump administration continues conversations on paid family leave, child care
- ‘Come here’: Family says they don’t feel safe in home after someone hacked their Ring camera, yelled at them