SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – Crews form the SLC Department of Public Utilities are responded to a water main break Friday morning.
The break was in the area of 2900 East 1200 South. Officials say there is water in the basement of one home.
Officials say the break team working on scene must wait for Blue Stake clearance for underground infrastructure before repairs start.
Homeowner Jonathan Berman captured the flood on his Ring security camera.
“It was a tsunami when I woke up I thought the worse thing I was going to deal with today was the inversion and I didn’t realize I would have a flood like this its disturbing,” Berman said.
Berman says the city was quick to get crews on scene to slow the break.
“The city is hopefully going to stand by it and fix it- its not going to be easy for us,” Berman said.
Berman says he is left dealing with thousand of dollars of damaged.
Disaster cleanup crews are working on addressing the water in the home basement.
Crews have throttled the break and are continuing work to resolve the issue.
What others are clicking on:
- Firefighters quick to stop grass fire caused by fireworks from spreading to homes in West Jordan
- Parents need help flying preemie babies born in Utah home to Florida
- Places of worship told to stop singing, chanting as COVID-19 cases spike in California
- Attorney confirms Vanessa Guillen remains positively identified
- Fire damages old, historic hotel in Tooele