WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah (ABC4 News)- A dog was shot by a SWAT team officer during the execution of a search warrant Wednesday morning, police confirm.
It happened around 8:45 a.m. at a home near 7000 West Gates Avenue in West Valley City.
According to a tweet from the department, a dog on the scene broke free from its tie-up and charged the officer. The officer shot the dog.
The animal has been picked up by animal control and is getting medical attention.
No other details have been released.
What others are reading:
- Pushback over Salt Lake County court changes
- 2 men rescued after boat catches fire off California coast
- THE LATEST: 5 days since the kidnapping of 3-year-old Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney
- Utah man found guilty of attempted child rape, enticing a child
- Watch: Oregon HS football coach disarms student carrying loaded shotgun