UPDATE (11/22/2019) – The man killed after a crash on I-15 early Friday morning has been identified as Aaron Barker, age 40, of South Jordan, UT.
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – A deadly crash on southbound I-15 in Salt Lake City forced all lanes at 1000 South to close early Friday morning.
Troopers directed southbound traffic off the freeway.
Utah Highway Patrol said for an unknown reason the driver of a yellow Honda FIT didn’t slow down and hit the back of a semi.
Barker was killed instantly.
The road opened just before 5:00 a.m. Friday morning.
(ABC4 was made aware that the photos of the crash were released by UHP prior to notification of next of kin. We were unaware this was the case and apologize for any hardship this may have caused to those who knew the victim. We are working within our organization and with UHP to ensure identifying photos are not released prior to family notification)
What others are reading:
- Utah’s health systems outline preparations for growing COVID-19 surge
- Timmy Allen withdraws from NBA Draft to return to Utah
- Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes
- District Attorney Sim Gill makes statement after protesters damage his office
- A curbside performance, mountain yoga, outdoor market, and 80’s movies!