UPDATE (11/22/2019) – The man killed after a crash on I-15 early Friday morning has been identified as Aaron Barker, age 40, of South Jordan, UT.
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – A deadly crash on southbound I-15 in Salt Lake City forced all lanes at 1000 South to close early Friday morning.
Troopers directed southbound traffic off the freeway.
Utah Highway Patrol said for an unknown reason the driver of a yellow Honda FIT didn’t slow down and hit the back of a semi.
Barker was killed instantly.
The road opened just before 5:00 a.m. Friday morning.
(ABC4 was made aware that the photos of the crash were released by UHP prior to notification of next of kin. We were unaware this was the case and apologize for any hardship this may have caused to those who knew the victim. We are working within our organization and with UHP to ensure identifying photos are not released prior to family notification)
What others are reading:
- Watch live: McCarthy holds news conference
- 2 Utah Chick-fil-A locations fined $187K in child labor and payroll violations
- 16-year-old boy accused of cutting down landmark tree ‘loved by millions’ in England
- Sen. Dianne Feinstein dies at age 90
- White neighbor sprays Black party guests with water hose in NY, lawsuit alleges