RIVERDALE, Utah (ABC4 News) – Multiple crews have been able to contain a two-alarm fire at a furniture store in Riverdale Wednesday morning.
According to Riverdale Fire Chief Jared Sholly, a passerby noticed visible smoke and flames coming from the roof of Aaron’s Furniture located at 1090 W. Riverdale Road just before 11 a.m.
When crews arrived, they confirmed there was an active fire on the roof, that also extended inside the attic space of the store.
Multiple units from around Weber County responded and were able to contain the fire within an hour.
Sholly said it appears the HVAC system on top of the roof is where the source of the fire came from.
No injuries were reported and an estimate of damages is not currently known.
What others are clicking on:
- Officials identify teen who died in avalanche while snowmobiling with his dad
- After cashing in on QB gambles, Niners, Chiefs in Super Bowl
- Mostert lifts 49ers to Super Bowl with 37-20 win vs Packers
- Chiefs’ Reid headed back to Super Bowl after long absence
- Not All Mahomes: Chiefs defense shuts down Titans game plan