WENDOVER, Utah (ABC4 News) – Three teens were severely injured after crashing at nearly 100 mph on the Bonneville Salt Flats.
In a post on the Wendover Police Department’s Facebook page, crews responded on Tuesday to a motor vehicle accident on the Bonneville Salt Flats.
The crash occurred 10 miles northeast of Wendover, Utah when police said the driver of a 2008 Acura, occupied by three juveniles from the Salt Lake City area, collided with an earthen berm at approximately 100 mph.
Police said it appeared there was very little braking.
The severely injured 18-year-old driver was trapped inside the vehicle and had to be extricated by firefighters with the Wendover Fire Department. Two passengers, ages 17 and 18, were also severely injured.
All three teens were transported by helicopter to the University of Utah hospital, an update on their conditions was not released.
- Intermountain Healthcare transferring extra staff to Dixie Regional amid COVID-19 surge
- Trump, Biden campaign on same turf in battleground Florida
- Salt Lake City Police deliver candy to local elementary schools
- The Justice Files: Who killed ‘Missy?’
- Expert panel recommends colon cancer screening at age 45