MEADOW, Utah (ABC4 News) – The body of a 33-year-old Holladay man was pulled from hot springs in Utah after authorities said he went under the water and became trapped under a ledge.
According to Millard County Sheriff Lt. Robert Clark, the incident happened at 4 a.m. Sunday at the hot springs near Meadow.
Clark said Joseph Avery Buttrill-MacGregor was with his brother and another individual swimming at the hot springs when while swimming, he went down under a ledge. After the victim did not resurface a couple of minutes later, those with him called 911 for help.
Authorities could not locate the man, so a diver was called in to assist.
He was able to locate the man’s body about an hour later. His body was taken to the Utah State Medical Examiner’s Office.
What others are clicking on:
- RANGE FIRE COMMAND UPDATE: Parks and Trails closed, culinary water diverted
- Pasta Salad with Lemon-Basil Dressing
- ‘You can be the greatest, you can be the best’: Utah Down Syndrome Awareness Month music video
- 22-year-old father sent to prison in death of 2-month-old
- ‘I was so scared’: Pumpkin thrown off overpass smashes through student’s windshield