MEADOW, Utah (ABC4 News) – The body of a 33-year-old Holladay man was pulled from hot springs in Utah after authorities said he went under the water and became trapped under a ledge.
According to Millard County Sheriff Lt. Robert Clark, the incident happened at 4 a.m. Sunday at the hot springs near Meadow.
Clark said Joseph Avery Buttrill-MacGregor was with his brother and another individual swimming at the hot springs when while swimming, he went down under a ledge. After the victim did not resurface a couple of minutes later, those with him called 911 for help.
Authorities could not locate the man, so a diver was called in to assist.
He was able to locate the man’s body about an hour later. His body was taken to the Utah State Medical Examiner’s Office.
What others are clicking on:
- Feeling down and sluggish? Your thyroid could be to blame
- Teens and SLC employees volunteer at Utah Food Bank for MLK Day
- 49ers’ RB Raheem Mostert: ‘Look at me now’
- Andy Reid celebrated AFC Championship with cheeseburger then went to bed
- Search and rescue uses latest drone technology to rescue injured hiker at Snow Canyon State Park